Find a Pro in Poolesville, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Poolesville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Poolesville, MD
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Poolesville, MD. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.