Find a Pro in Quantico, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Quantico
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Quantico, Maryland
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Quantico, Maryland. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.