Find a Pro in Takoma Park, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Takoma Park
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Takoma Park, MD
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Takoma Park, MD, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.