Find a Pro in Taneytown, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Taneytown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Taneytown, MD
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Taneytown, MD. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.