Find a Pro in West Friendship, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in West Friendship, MD. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // West Friendship
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near West Friendship, MD
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in West Friendship, MD. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.