Find a Pro in Willards, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Willards
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Willards, MD
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Willards, MD. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.