Find a Pro in Biddeford, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Biddeford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Biddeford, ME
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Biddeford, ME. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.