Find a Pro in Boothbay, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Boothbay
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Boothbay, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Boothbay, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Boothbay, ME. Find the right contractor for your house now.