Find a Pro in Brownville, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Brownville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Brownville, Maine
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Brownville, Maine. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.