Find a Pro in Burlington, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Burlington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Burlington, ME
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Burlington, ME. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.