Find a Pro in Cliff Island, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Cliff Island
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Cliff Island, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Cliff Island, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Cliff Island, ME. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.