Find a Pro in Cushing, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Cushing, Maine. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Cushing
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Cushing, Maine
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Cushing, Maine, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cushing, Maine. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.