Find a Pro in Eddington, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Eddington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Eddington, ME
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Eddington, ME. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Eddington, ME. Get the roofing services you need for your house now.