Find a Pro in Freeport, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Freeport
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Freeport, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Freeport, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Freeport, ME. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.