Find a Pro in Gouldsboro, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Gouldsboro
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Gouldsboro, Maine
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Gouldsboro, Maine. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Gouldsboro, Maine. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.