Find a Pro in Jefferson, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Jefferson, Maine. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Jefferson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Jefferson, Maine
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Jefferson, Maine, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.