Find a Pro in Lovell, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Lovell, Maine. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Lovell
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Lovell, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Lovell, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.