Find a Pro in Madison, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Madison, Maine. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Madison
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Madison, Maine
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Madison, Maine, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies featured on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.