Find a Pro in Meddybemps, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Meddybemps
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Meddybemps, Maine
When you need roofing maintenance services in Meddybemps, Maine, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.