Find a Pro in Parsonsfield, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Parsonsfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Parsonsfield, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Parsonsfield, ME. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Parsonsfield, ME. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.