Find a Pro in Pembroke, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Pembroke, Maine. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Pembroke
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Pembroke, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Pembroke, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.