Find a Pro in Peru, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Peru, Maine. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Peru
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Peru, Maine
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Peru, Maine. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.