Find a Pro in South Berwick, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // South Berwick
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near South Berwick, Maine
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in South Berwick, Maine. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.