Find a Pro in Southport, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Southport, Maine. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Southport
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Southport, Maine
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Southport, Maine. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Southport, Maine. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.