Find a Pro in Spruce Head, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Spruce Head
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Spruce Head, Maine
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Spruce Head, Maine. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Spruce Head, Maine. Find the right contractor for your property now.