Find a Pro in Stonington, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Stonington, Maine. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Stonington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Stonington, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Stonington, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.