Find a Pro in Sullivan, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Sullivan
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Sullivan, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Sullivan, Maine. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.