Find a Pro in Vassalboro, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Vassalboro
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Vassalboro, Maine
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Vassalboro, Maine. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Vassalboro, Maine. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.