Find a Pro in Winthrop, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maine // Winthrop
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Winthrop, ME
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Winthrop, ME, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.