Find a Pro in Armada, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Armada, Michigan. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Armada
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Armada, Michigan
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Armada, Michigan, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.