Find a Pro in Atlanta, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Atlanta
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Atlanta, Michigan
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Atlanta, Michigan. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Atlanta, Michigan. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.