Find a Pro in Burt, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Burt, Michigan. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Burt
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Burt, Michigan
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Burt, Michigan, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.