Find a Pro in Cadillac, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Cadillac
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Cadillac, MI
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Cadillac, MI. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.