Find a Pro in Central Lake, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Central Lake
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Central Lake, Michigan
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Central Lake, Michigan, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.