Find a Pro in Clare, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Clare
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Clare, MI
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Clare, MI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.