Find a Pro in Clifford, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Clifford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Clifford, Michigan
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Clifford, Michigan. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.