Find a Pro in Coloma, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Coloma
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Coloma, Michigan
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Coloma, Michigan. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.