Find a Pro in Elk Rapids, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Elk Rapids, Michigan. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Elk Rapids
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Elk Rapids, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Elk Rapids, Michigan. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Elk Rapids, Michigan. Find the right contractor for your home now.