Find a Pro in Empire, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Empire
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Empire, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Empire, Michigan. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Empire, Michigan. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.