Find a Pro in Fountain, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Fountain
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Fountain, Michigan
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Fountain, Michigan. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.