Find a Pro in Harbor Beach, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Harbor Beach, MI. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Harbor Beach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Harbor Beach, MI
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Harbor Beach, MI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Harbor Beach, MI. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.