Find a Pro in Homer, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Homer
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Homer, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Homer, Michigan. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Homer, Michigan. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.