Find a Pro in Kingsford, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Kingsford, MI. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Kingsford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Kingsford, MI
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Kingsford, MI, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.