Find a Pro in Lakeland, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Lakeland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lakeland, Michigan
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lakeland, Michigan, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lakeland, Michigan. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.