Find a Pro in Lansing, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Lansing
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Lansing, Michigan
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Lansing, Michigan, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lansing, Michigan. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.