Find a Pro in Macatawa, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Macatawa
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Macatawa, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Macatawa, MI. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Macatawa, MI. Find the right contractor for your property right away.