Find a Pro in Maple Rapids, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Maple Rapids
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Maple Rapids, MI
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Maple Rapids, MI. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.