Find a Pro in Marion, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Marion, Michigan. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Marion
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Marion, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Marion, Michigan. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.