Find a Pro in Martin, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Martin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Martin, Michigan
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Martin, Michigan. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.