Find a Pro in Marysville, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Marysville, Michigan. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Marysville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Marysville, Michigan
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Marysville, Michigan. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Marysville, Michigan. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.